Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Dreams Do Come True!


Firefighter Braiden, ready to respond!

On Saturday, two fire departments close to us held open houses! And since Braiden's one passion in life right now is fire engines, we couldn't miss this. To our surprise, he wasn't the least bit shy either. He got to sit behind the wheel of three different fire trucks, and we had a hard time getting him to leave!


Turning on some lights and sirens.


Noah is starting to get interested as well!








The first fire station even had a bouncy house set up for kids!


At the end of the day, the littlest fireman just couldn't keep his eyes open.

Warning: questionable content...


A wolf spider, found in our backyard... I'm so glad it's not my job to mow the lawn.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIKES!!!! What a spider!
Did you take the picture? Or did Michael? ;-)

What a great Firefighter day!!!!!
Happy, Happy boys! All THREE of them!
;-)
Marsha

Beth said...

How fun! Our local fire dept is having an open house too! We're also going because of Val's love for them. I'll have to blog about it too ;)

Anonymous said...

Voi mikä jokaisen pikkupojan toivepaikka! Ajattelin itse seuraavalla Suomen reissulla soittaa lähipaloasemalle tai vpk:hon ja kysyä voisiko paloautoja tulla katsomaan. Niissä on sitä jotain!

Kuinka iso tuo hämähäkki on? Näyttää aika - ällöltä, yyyh.

Anonymous said...

Voi riemun päivää teillä!
Oli siinä Braiden´in ilmeet kyllä paljon puhuvat ratin takana. Eikä nauramatta voinut katsoa väsynyttä palomiestä, lutunen kuva!
Ihana postaus ja tekin molemmat kuvissa, kiva juttu!
Kyllä siinä on näköjään kilot tippuneet jatkuvassa poikapainissa!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, how fun! All three boys so happy in their matching red shirts :) very cute!

Milla

Saina said...

Marsha - Oh no, I had nothing to do with!!! It was enough to have to hold the jar afterwards (without the spider in it!) to stick it in the dishwasher. :-)

Beth - Yay! Definitely go, we could have spent hours there, Braiden was so excited!

MIlla - I thought the matching shirts were awesome too!!

Perheenäiti - Joo, loistava idea! Eppu oli ihan innoissaan... Ja teillä on vielä vanhempi, joten varmaan vielä parempi kokemus! Tosi iso hämähäkki oli... puolet miehen kämmenestä!! En ole koskaan nähnyt niin isoa.. Ugh.

Äiti - Kiitos! Huomenna iChattiin!

Tonya Staab said...

What a fantastic day for the boys. The photos are gorgeous as usual.

That wolf spider though, not even slightly cute. In fact, freaking me the heck out.

Saina said...

Haha Tonay!! I agree!! I'm still wondering why I promised to put it on the blog. :-)

The boys absolutely loved it. It was awesome!