Saturday, May 24, 2008

"Are We There Yet?"


To be fair, he didn't really ask, although he may have thought it a few times.

The answer is: Yes, yes, yes! After about 2,900 miles, we arrived in Maryland tonight and got settled into our hotel. The house hunt starts tomorrow.

The boys did so well in the car. Braiden kept busy with books, cars, and DVD's, and Noah slept and... well, looked around. He did have some toys to play with too. Both were very content, all in all, amazing travelers! Braiden is coming down with a cold now, which is unusual, as he has only been sick twice in his life, with very mild colds.

Yesterday brought a very nice surprise: I called my friend Bess (she just moved from San Diego to the east coast as well) from the road as we were driving through Memphis, and they happened to be in Memphis as well! We met them for lunch, and Braiden got to play with his buddy Ellie Claire. Seeing them was like a little piece of home!


We tried to get them to pose...

17 comments:

Sennie said...

Yay, congrats on making it there!!! Hope Braiden feels better soon, and no one else gets the cold.. Good job everyone on your traveling skills!!! :)
Praying you find the right home for you quickly... And yay, we are in the same time zone!!!! Which means: Good nite :)
Talk tomorrow!!

Sherry said...

So happy you made it! We have been praying for you, for safe journey. I know Michael was feeling a cold coming on when you left our house. I hope he's doing okay, too, and that you and Noah don't get it.
Our house is too quiet, now. But, we hope you find a great place to live, very soon. Let us know!
Love,
Sherry, Aaron and Isabella

Malla said...

Upeaa, että matkanne meni turvallisesti! Ajomatka Amerikan mantereen läpi on varmasti ollut upea kokemus. Onnea talon etsintään, toivottavasti löydätte talon pian!

Pikaista paranemista Braidenille!

Anonymous said...

Hauska kuva Braidenista, kirja väärin päin kädessä, mutta silti niin määrätietoisesti lueskelee :).

Kiitos Taivaan Isälle, että johdatti teidät turvallisesti perille. Toivottavasti löydätte oman kodin pian, ettei tarvii hotellielämää pitkälti viettää.

Riikkis said...

Ihana juttu, että pitkä matkanne on turvallisesti ohi.

Anonymous said...

Kävin jo päivällä lukaisemassa, mutta niin onnellisena ja kiitollisena, että en tohkeissani lähettänyt viestiä. Vaan hippulat vinkuen juoksin kertomaan uutisen perille pääsystä vaarille. KIITOS JEESUS! Ja nyt vaan anomaan, että Hän nopeasti näyttäisi sen Hänen jo teille varaaman, juuri teille sopivan, kodin. Ja paranemisiin se teidän miesväki.
Aika veikeesti sennachie kirjoitti, että olette jo samalla aikavyöhykkeellä ...
Tuleekos nyt pitkä ajomatka näihin ystäviisi?
Hugs and kisses. Love.

Anonymous said...

Tervetuloa uuteen kotipaikkaan! Ja johdatusta ja mielenrauhaa uuden kodin löytymiseen. Valmiina se jo on, vaikka ette sitä vielä tiedäkään; odottaa siellä jossain teitä. Jlan suunnitelmat ei hikkaa eikä takkuile, vaan etenevät juuri niinkuin pitääkin. Luottamusta ja iloa siitä teille rukoilen.

Anonymous said...

Hienoa, että pääsitte turvallisesti perille! Uskomattoman hienoja matkaajia teidän pienet pojat!!! Onnea kovasti uuden kodin etsintään. Tai löytämiseen, ihan miten sen haluaa ilmaista:)

Anonymous said...

Kiva, kun olette vihdoin päässeet perille! Toivottavasti uusi kotikin löytyy pian. Onnea kodin etsimiseen!

Olivia

Anonymous said...

Upea matka varmasti, jotain sellaista, jonka te Miken kanssa muistatte kauan. Tekisi mieli itsekin ajaa mantereen halki ja ihmetellä, mitä kaikkea suuri maa pitää sisällään, sillä luonto on kaunista ja monimuotoista, sekä kaupungit ja kylät kovin erilaisia.

Hienoa, että säästyitte suuremmilta haavereilta ja että teillä oli matkanne varrella myös ystävävisiittipaikkoja.

Parhain terveisn, Jutta

Saina said...

Sennu - I know, I was so excited to be in the same time zone, finally! Oh, and sure enough, I am starting to come down with the same thing, and Michael is feeling it too... Noah's fine though!

Sherry - We had such a great time with all of you, thanks so much for having us. Your house was the perfect place to break down!! I think we actually found a house... On the first day, no less! It's not finalized, but we'll keep you updated. Miss you guys!

Malla - Joo, me tykkäämme ajomatkoista tosi paljon! Ja pääsimme taas eri reittiä ajamaan kuin viime kerroilla mantereen halki. Aina jotain uutta nähtävää, niin laaja maa!

Riikkis - Kiitos!

Äiti - Sori, missasin taas eilenkin sun soiton. Olin puhelimessa mahdollisten vuokraisäntien kanssa. Eli taisimme löytää talomme! Voi soittaa tänään uudestaan, jos haluat. Niin, ja noin 4 tunnin ajomatka tulee näihin ystäviin.

Marita - Kiitos! Toivottavasti löytyi jo... :)

Minna - Olimme niiiiin ylpeitä pojista! Uskomattoman hyviä matkustajia! Jopa Nooakin oli tyytyväinen, katseli ikkunasta rekkoja. :)

Olivia - Kiitos!

Jutta - Ihan totta! Niin iso maa, että joka kerta kun ajamme sen halki, niin löydämme jotain uutta. Olemme joka kerralla menneet eri reittiä, niistä kun ei ole mitään pulaa. Tällä kertaa emme ikävä kyllä ennättäneet nähdä muuta kuin moottoritien varrella olevia nähtävyyksiä...

Sennie said...

Oh no!!! I hope it will be a mild one.. Get better soon! So exciting about the house - keep us posted!! What a God-thing to have you look at the first one, and that might be the one, so cool... :-)

Anonymous said...

Hei Saina! Onko ok, kun laitoin teidän blogin omani suosikeihin?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I hope you guys didn't get it from us!!! I would think it would have a longer incubation period, but maybe not. If so, I'm soooo sorry. It was great to see you. Good luck with finding a great house!

Saina said...

Sennu - No kidding! We were very pleased. I might blog about it tomorrow, bring our camera with us. :)

Minna - Tottakai, olen otettu! :)

Bess - Oh no, I don't think so! It started so soon after. I had forgotten about it, but Michael said he had felt a cold coming on earlier last week, so I think that was it. If anything, we apologize if we brought it to Izzy!!!

Sennie said...

Yes!!!!! Do it!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the "correct" time zone!!
;-)
It's also that much closer to the time in Finland too, yes???
We will pray that finding the right house is done in short order!! Hopefully this one is IT!! =-)
And I agree with Sennu!! Pictures, Pictures, Pictures!!!! =-)

Marsha