Friday, June 27, 2008

Kiss... My... EAR!

Braiden isn't the least bit affectionate. I could probably count on one hand the times he has voluntarily puckered up and given a kiss - to anyone. It's no better if you ask for one. Usually he will shake his head, shriek, and run away. Wasn't this supposed to happen somewhere closer to teen years?

Hugs are slightly easier to come by. If you ask for one, 1 time out of 10 he might lean his shoulder onto your body for a split second. Now why is it, that he lavishes all that love to his blankies and stuffed animals though? What injustice. I'm your mom, kid. Giving me a complex here.

To be fair, there's one exception: bed time. Right before going in his crib, when we ask for a kiss, he will lean close... turn his head... and offer us his ear to kiss.



Where in the world does that independent streak come from?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Saina

I have made my own home pages and the address is tik.suntuubi.com. Welcome to check that also.

Your sons are wonderful. Blessing to the whole family.

Tuula from CM

Sennie said...

No kummaa! Luulin jo jättäneeni kommentin..
Hauska postaus, tosin harmi ettei Eppu halua haleja ja suukkoja enempää! Ei näytä olevan pojan rakkaudenkieli (one of 5 love languages..:!)..

Anonymous said...

I think your parents would have some comments on where the Independent streak came from!! ;-)
Seems like I remember some of that being referred to in your dad's speech at your Wedding Reception dinner. ;-)

My comment on the "mommy brain" forgetfulness......
My Nurse mid-wife gave her input on that at one of my checkups after Ryan was born. She thinks that your brain cells just go out with your milk when you nurse!!! ;-D lol!!!
I think I agree!!!!
That's okay!! As life goes on... we are in charge of and responsible for a TON of things!!!!! WE can multi-task!!! So, if we can't remember how old we are.....Big deal!!!! ;-)
After a while..... your physical age doesn't match up with your mental age anyway!!!

Marsha

Sennie said...

Funny, Marsha!! I think you are on to something here with the independent streak thing ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ihania kuvia tuossa alempana.

Ei varmaan yhtään lohduta, mutta lapset ovat niin erilaisia, kuten ihmisetkin. Toisille se läheisyyden tarve: haliminen ja suukottelu, on tärkeämpää kuin toisille.
Toisille taas se oman intimiteetirajan varjelu on tärkeämpää, kukaan ei saa koskettaa, koska ei vaan pidä siitä..

Vaikeaa äidille ja isälle, kun tälläistä on lapsella, mutta en oikein tiedä mitä siinä voi tehdä. Paitsi kunnioittaa lapsen toiveita ja yrittää osata oikeaan aikaan olla halimassa ja pusimassa lasta...

Tsemppiä, on varmasti kurja, kun lapsi ei halua rakkauden osoituksia :(
Meillä meidän 6v on välistä: "onks äiti pakko koko ajan halailla??". No ei, mut ku se on nii kivaa äidistä...

(toivottavasti ymmärsin edes tuon sinun tekstisi oikein, ei ole englanti niitä mun vahvimpia kieliä..)

Saina said...

Tuula - Nice to hear from you! I'll go check out your website. Thanks for the visit and the comment!

Marsha - Haha! Yeah... Apparently I was like that, and really, still am. As for the brain cells, I think your midwife was onto something. I expected them to come back at some point, but oh no, they are gone for good!!

Sennu - :-D That's all I have to say. Ja ihan totta, ei taida olla Epun rakkaudenkieli, lol! Ei ole minunkaan...

Jaana - Ihan totta. Ei tullut postauksesta läpi, mutta itse asiassa "ymmärrän" Eppua tosi hyvin, koska olen itse ihan samanlainen! Kiitos kommentista ja hyvää viikkoa teille!

Anonymous said...

Saina,
I seem to recall making the very same comments about Mike when he was little. I'd try to get him to come and cuddle with me in the mornings so I could stay in bed a little longer, but he would have none of it! You'll find that when they become teenagers they'll stay in bed until noon. I think Noah is going to be your cuddler. He just looks like a little love bunny to me. I was telling Bill last night that if I had a week to spend with Braiden, he'd be a hugger by the time I left. I said I wouldn't care how many M&Ms it would take, he'd be hugging Grandma by the end of a week. HA HA.

Love and miss you guys!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Monia totuuksia on näissä kommenteissa tullut esille. Mutta sitä en ymmärtänyt, miten sanoit olevasi samanlainen kuin Eppu. Sinähän suorastaan rakastit halailus ja suukottelua!!!!
Marshalla on hyvä muisti, itsenäinen olet pienestä pitäen ollut.

Saina said...

Mom - Nice to see a comment from you! Sorry we missed your phone call the other day! Too funny about the M&Ms and hugs - that might just work, he adores anything sweet. :D I was thinking the same about Noah, that he might be more of a cuddler... but I don't know. He loves being on his own, now that he has some mobility, rolling all over. We'll see!! Hope you had a nice weekend.

Isä - No, se on kai sitten vain vanhimmiten häipynyt. :-) Toivottavasti teilläkin oli kiva viikonloppu ja parempi sää!

Anonymous said...

I think I agree with Mike's mom!!
Run and chase games with catch and snuggles and kisses at the end work!!
=-)
But....I do have to say, Ryan has always been good with snuggling.
We used to watch movies as a family with Ryan snuggled on me, with me, by me. We have had to stop doing that as it is now Ryan SQUISHING me!! ;-)
BUT.... after he and Art came back from the Father/Son Retreat weekend, Ryan came right over and sat as close as possible to me to show me the pictures that he took and tell me all about the weekend. It was nice!
AND, we are definitely into the stage of sleeping till noon!! =-S

Marsha

Anonymous said...

Saina, aivan, mutta on se silti kurjaa ja "vaikeaa" ymmärtää, kun toinen ei haluakaan _äidiltä_ edes haleja ja pusuja! Vaikka kuinka itse haluais myös pitää välimatkaa ihmisiin (siis kosketuksien suhteen).

Mä en tykkää vieraiden ihmisten halailemisesta tms, mutta oma perhe tietysti on aivan eri asia :)

Saina said...

Marsha - Awwww, to sweet about Ryan! He is such a great kid, all around. But you already knew that!

Jaana - No tietysti, onhan oma perhe eri asia. :) Lähinnä humorisesti kirjoitin Epusta, onhan meillä aina välillä tilaisuuksia pitää häntä lähelläkin. Ja tämäkin voi olla vaihe, on kausia jolloin hän pienempänä halusi olla enemmän sylissä. Nyt on vain kauhea vauhti päällä! :-)

Anonymous said...

Mielenkiintoisia nämä halailut :) Kovin pieniähän nämä taaperot vielä on ja itsenäistymisvaiheitakin aina välillä päällä. Voi olla,että Epusta vielä kehkeytyy melkoinen halailija, odotas vain :)

Milla

Saina said...

Voi olla, Milla - Toivossa on hyvä elää! :-)

Mutta ihan totta, samaa sanoin yhdessä kommentissa, että eihän sitä tiedä...!

4funboys said...

# 3 son was like that for the first 4 1/2 years of his life... then one day, out of the blue- he did a 360.

he became the cuddle bug boy! Always hugging someone, and happiest when he's being hugged.

It's almost like he's making up for the 4 years he screamed if anyone was "in his space."

maybe your son will be like that too... I tell ya, I love the cuddly boy!

Saina said...

Awww, that sounds so sweet!!! How funny, that one day he just decided to become touchy-feely. Very cute!