Monday, April 21, 2008

Vroom! Vroom!



It's true! Our busy Braiden can sit still! Often when it's quiet, I think "uh-oh", but when I go investigate, Braiden is in his room, reading books quietly. He has amazing concentration skills, when he chooses to use them. :)

Last week he started another quiet activity: playing with his cars! He has played with them before, but now he has started taking them out of the car bin one by one and placing them on the floor. When all are out, he puts them back in, and starts all over. Here's a video I took of him this morning. Immediately after getting out of bed he went to work and started playing! Here's another cell phone clip of him "driving" at the playground today.

Noah has been very cute and tickly. He laughs uncontrollably when we take his shirt off - some tickly spot is right under his arm, but we can't seem to find it without the shirt being involved. It's adorable! Gotta love those belly laughs. Here's a video of him from a few weeks back.

So I'm finally getting closer to pre-pregnancy weight, and I was thinking of shopping for one or two casual dresses for this summer. All fine? Listen to this. A week before we found out we were pregnant with Braiden, I went and got some new clothes from Old Navy, including a pair of jeans. And then, a week before we found out about Noah, I got a pair of new jeans (Old Navy again), as I had just gotten back to my pre-pregnancy weight. And this might not be so co-incidental, but the thing is that I go shopping for myself very, very rarely (especially since my shopping buddy, my sister, lives 3,000 miles away).

So I'm thinking that I might not want to go shopping again in the next few years. At least not Old Navy. And no new jeans. Although... do you think shopping online might be safe?

12 comments:

Sennie said...

LOL!!!! Come here, and we'll go shopping, no Old Navy - I promise!!! I just discovered a great new mall with all our favorite stores :)

Loved all the videos and pics!!!

Sennie said...

And congrats on losing weight (you looked amazing already though!!)!

Saina said...

Yay!!! I can't wait. :) And can't wait for no sales tax! Shopping without you is no fun.

Oh, and thanks. You are good for my ego. ;-D

Anonymous said...

On ihailtavaa huomata, miten vähän (lue: ei lankaan) valokuvaus tai videointi häiritsee Braidenin keskittymistä hänen omiin puuhiinsa. Siitä taidosta voi olla elämässä hyötyä vielä. Ainakin sinulla on valtavat varastot tallennettuja muistoja poikiesi vauva ja taaperoajoilta - hieno ja arvokas asia.

Ihana kikatteluhetki palleroisella ja isällä. Aurinkoa ja lämpöä teille tähänkin päivään. t Jutta

Anonymous said...

Voiko ihanampaa ääntä olla kuin vauvan nauru, niin suloista :)

Voi voi niitä Old Navyn farkkuja...
:)

Milla

Anonymous said...

Raskaustestiä vaan ostamaan. Joillakin on raskausoireena etova olo ja himo johonkin ruokaan, sulla taitaa olla oireena tarve päästä shoppailemaan Old Navyn farkkuja;D

Anonymous said...

Voi, ihan kuin olisin omaa Poikaani katsellut: autot yksi kerrallaan laatikosta ja siistiin riviin, työkoneet ja henkilöautot omiin paikkoihinsa! Meillä autot laitettiin jonoon pitkälle ikkunalaudalle ja sitten ajettiin päästä toiseen uuteen jonoon tunninkin verran.

Saina said...

Jutta - Kiitos! Ihan totta, Eppu pystyy keskittymään ihan minkä vain läpi. Eilen yritin saada häntä pikaisesti kääntymään kuvaa varten, niin ei siitä mitään tullut, vilkaisi olan yli ja jatkoi omia touhujaan. :) Daddy on samanlainen, mikään ei haittaa keskittymistä.

Milla - Kiitos! :) Iso osa päivästä käytetäänkin Nooaa yrittäessä saamaan nauraa. :)

Sirpi - Haha! Onneksi siihen ei sentään ole vielä tarvetta. :-D

Perheenäiti - Pojat ovat näköjään poikia! Eppu on aina tykännyt ajaa autossa, mutta nyt se on vallan mukavaa, kun osaa innostua busseista ja rekoista. :)

Anonymous said...

STAY OUT OF OLD NAVY!!!!!!!
UNTIL you want to get pregnant again!!!! ;-)
That would be a good answer to when Braiden starts to ask HOW a baby gets IN your belly!! =-) you can just say.......go shopping for jeans at Old Navy!!! lol!!
That will make him think for a while!

Good for your ego???
Saina, you look amazing ALL the time!! Even when you are pregnant!

So......are you coming to NH soon?

Marsha

Saina said...

Awww... you are too sweet! And funny! I love your comment. :) That'll be a great way to explain birds and bees. :-D

I wish, I wish. Probably not until July... We'll see. But you know, our doors are ALWAYS open, if you guys want to come see the D.C. area!!! Do you still have family in the area?

Anonymous said...

Tiedätkö, mun siskonpoika oli pienenä vähän samanlainen kuin Braiden. Autot keskittyneesti riviin, yksitellen toiseen riviin. Takaisin alkuperäiseen riviin. :)
Pitää paremmalla ajalla katsella noita sun videoita taas. Ihania ovat olleet. :)
Ja ai niin, pitää täälläkin sanoa, kuinka sä ja Sennu olette mun kotiäitiysidoleita! :) Jonain päivänä minäkin. :D
Jaksuja taapero- ja vauva-arkeen! :)

Saina said...

Kiitos Hanna-Mari! Pojilla on autogeeni. :) Ja kiitos niin paljon, ihanasti sanottu! Kotiäiteys on haastavaa ja ihanaa, en tätä miksikään vaihtaisi. Jonain päivänä sinäkin! :)