
The boys on Wednesday.
We usually go to playgroup on Wednesdays, but this week's outing was an indoor puppet show. The theater had no stroller access, and I knew Braiden would be sitting neither still nor quietly in a seat for the duration of it (if you ask me, seat belts in all chairs might not be a bad idea though). Images of me rushing out of the theater, before the show even started, with one boy under each arm, flashed through my mind...
So instead, we went to La Jolla Shores for the morning. Only to discover that the playground was gone! Now, I admit to a few moments of confusion... Did I come to the right place? Did I dream there was a jungle gym here just last week? As those closest to me can attest, mommy brain gets the best of me often these days... But there really was only a swing set and a pair of seals left. Braiden didn't seem too disappointed, his favorite is running on the boardwalk anyway. We spent the morning there, Braiden running around while Noah took a nap in the stroller.

Braiden making friends with a seal.

Noah right before falling asleep.

Braiden checking out the surfers.

Braiden pushing Noah around.
Braiden kept busy with his "Game of the Day" when we got home. He takes the magnetic letters off the fridge, puts them in his Pooh Car, makes a couple of loops around the house, then returns to the fridge and puts them back on. It's very serious business, and he can't be interrupted. Most of his day is a variation of this theme. He loves cabinets, cupboards, drawers; anything he can put things in and out of. He will collect anything from combs to cans, diapers to remote controls, and stash them away. Then he takes them out and finds either a new hiding place or something else to stash away. We have found remote controls in his crib, keys in the kitchen cupboard, a cell phone in the video cabinet... the list goes on.

Taking some letters out, about to stick them back on the fridge.
Both of the boys are in such fun stages. Braiden with his busyness and new discoveries every day, and Noah with his developing personality. He finds everything we do absolutely hilarious and is so aware of his environment. Braiden is still very good with Noah and thinks it's so funny when Noah laughs. He isn't, however, quite sure of how he feels about his little brother starting to develop an interest in toys... Sometimes he has this look on this face that tells you he is thinking, "You were cool before you started touching my stuff!"

Noah being his sunny self.

His new favorite toy! It's easy to grab, just like his toes.
Michael has been working late this week, either past or close to the boys' bed time, and while I can't say I've taken his help with the boys for granted, the evenings this week have again reminded me how nice it is to have him home! He is very hands-on with the boys, from the moment he comes in the door until they go to bed. Tonight should be the last of the late nights - we miss you when you aren't here!
Wow, I got wordy. If you made it all the way here, you can find more pictures of our day here (click on the "i" in the middle for more info on the pictures).
8 comments:
Cool slideshow!! Not sure Braiden was blessing Noah, I think he was patting Noah's head and thanking him for allowing Braiden to take Noah's binky :-D
Love the pic of Braiden running off with Noah's Robeez shoes too! Oh, and Braiden's Nantucket shirt is cute!
Too funny!!! That might be right. :)
That Nantucket shirt is getting mighty tight. I think it's going in Noah's closet once it's clean. Braiden looked so funny in the morning, with his baggy shorts and tight shirt. Like one of those young guys (I think we might know a couple!) who want to show off their muscles. :-D
Hauskoja puuhia pienellä pojalla. Meilläkin Poika kätki - ja kätkee yhä - tavaroita ja niitä löytyy ihmeellisistä paikoista. Välillä keittiön laatikolla on käyty hakemassa vispilöitä, munanleikkuri tai muuta tarpeellista leikkihin ja löytyvät sitten ties mistä. Tärket tavarat (kännykät, avaimet ym.) kannattaa laittaa riittävän ylös, että löytyvät, kun niitä tarvitaan.
Kiitos kivoista kuvista ja hauskoista kirjoituksista poikien päivistä.
Kommentoinpa pitkästä aikaa, kun täällä käyn kuitenkin lähes joka päivä kurkkaamassa teidän eloa :) Ihania kuvia aina täällä, kiitos kun jaksat ottaa niitä ja laittaa tänne! Suloisia nuo teidän pojat kyllä totta tosiaan ja kiva lukea juttuja :)
Teidän sääkin vaikuttaa aika ihanalta tällä hetkellä, vaikka olenkin enemmän syksy- kuin kesäihminen :) Meillä on pari päivää ollut myös ihana auringonpaiste, keväiseltä näyttää, vaikka lunta on vielä maassa... Ihanaa viikonloppua teille!
OMG the playground is gone. I've never actually been to it, but I drove past there 2 weeks ago I think and I'm sure that it was there b/c I commented about how we had to go back and give it a go.
Tonya - I know, I was so shocked! We were just there with our playgroup the previous Wednesday! Braiden loved it too. So I hope they are just making it even better!!!
Perheenäiti - Hauska että teilläkin on "jemmailija"! Eppua kiinnostaa keittiö välineet paljon myös. :) Hauska juttu on se, että laitamme puhelimet, avaimet, etc "turvallisiin" paikkoihin, mutta ne kerrat kun ne ovat kadonneet, niin Eppu on aina oppinut jotain uutta - avaamaan vaippalaukun ja ottamaan sieltä lompakkoni / kiipeämään keittiön pöydälle / hoksannut vielä pyykkikorin keittiön tasojen kohdalle että pääsee kiipeämään sen kanssa. Sitten niitä on ollut hauska piilotella. :) Kekseliäitä poikia meillä!
Lennu - Ihana kuulla sinusta! Ja kiitos ihanasta kommentista. :) Rakastan tätä ilmastoa, mutta täytyy sanoa että mikään ei vedä vertoja New Englandin syksylle, missä Sennu asuu. Täällä tulee päivisin vähän liian kuuma usein, vaikka ei olekaan kosteutta. Toivottavasti se kevät vihdoin tulee pysyäkseen Suomeenkin!
Isabella has the same ball Noah has. She has LOVED it since she got it many many months ago. It's the greatest! :)
Braiden loved that ball too! Interestingly enough, he loved Annabel's ball at her house more, but still liked this one I got for him as well. :)
Hope you guys are settling in well!
Post a Comment